The Charism and Mission of the Congregation
"Our spirit has its source in the mystery of the Trinity's love for the world." (Constitutions)
Jean Pierre Medaille's dream to help establish a Congregation of contemplative-active ordinary women sprang from his appreciation of God's love for all of Creation. It is in this mystery of love that the Sisters find their calling. Their task is to become sensitive and responsive to this indwelling, which leads to union with God, communion with others and the cherishing of all of Creation.
"Gradually learn how to see God in everything, so as to reveal Him in all things and thus achieve unity of prayer and life." Constitutions 67
The Sisters of St. Joseph of Annecy serve in and with the Church through a variety of ministries in response to human need, by their work in:
- Hospice and Home for the Elderly
- Helping Refugees
- Human and Faith Development
- Pastoral Care
- Back up and Support for Development work in overseas Missions
- Work with and for vulnerable women and children especially those trafficked for sexual exploitation
- Retreat work and Spiritual Guidance
- Justice Issues
- Missionary work in Senegal, The Gambia, India, Algeria and Tanzania
The congregation schools, crèche, orphanages and dispensaries are situated in several parts of Andhra Pradesh, Orissa, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala.