Training & Placement Cell
The placement of the students is coordinated by The Training and Placement Cell (TPC), an integral part of the College. The Cell comprises the Principal as chairperson, Placement Officer from Office Management Dept, four student representatives and the staff advisors of the Student Council.
The coordinator of this cell is a one point contact for all companies interested in inducting Josephines into their organization either as employees or interns. TPC has collaborated with Jawahar Knowledge Centre (JKC) in the State to offer specialized career skills for students to get jobs after their graduation.
The Objectives of the TPC are
- To act as an interface between the employers and the students in order to bridge the gap between them.
- To help students identify their careers through career counseling.
- To organize Career Awareness and Preparatory Program
- To counsel parents about their wards’ choice of careers. (Parent Teacher Partnership meets and informal talks in person and over the phone)
- To offer post Induction support and counseling when necessary.
The functions of the TPC are
- Conducting Career Counseling
- Coordinating with the Departments in the College which have Summer Internship as an obligatory part of their Curriculum namely Office Management, Journalism and Mass Communication, Home Science and Biotechnology to streamline and standardize the procedure.
- Recording the data base of the students participating in On Campus and Off Campus Recruitment Drives.
- Liaison with the Corporate Sector in organizing Campus Drives in the college.
- Networking with Organizations like SSI to organize programmes to encourage students to take up self employment ventures.
- Providing them the infrastructural facilities for the recruitment process consisting of various rounds of selection
- Maintaining correspondence with the Companies
The Companies/schools which visited the campus during the last four years are
- HSBC (HDPI, Visakhapatnam)
- WIPRO (BPO)
- Infosys (BPO)
- Max New York Life Insurance
- Metlife Insurance
- Birla Sun Life Insurance
- ICICI Prudential
- Ameya International
- ChaitanyaTechno School
- DivineTouch School
- The New Indian Express
- Software Solutions
- Chaitanya Techno Schools
- Frankfinn Airlines
- Medwrite(Medical Transcription)
The Off Campus drives in which the students participated are
- Cognizant Technologies
- Infosys Technologies
- WIPRO Technologies
- Cognizant (BPO)
- Bank of America
- Mahathi Software Solutions
- I Gate
- Barclays Bank (I Serve)
- Dr. Reddy’s Labs, Hyderabad/Visakhapatnam
Company Wise Placement Of Students (2009 – 2015)
|TCS Help Desk||8|
|Insurance Cos (Max New York Life, Birla Sun Life, Metlife, HDFC etc.)||21||10||5||2|
|VLCC/Kaya Skin Clinic||11|
|Chaitanya Techno Schools||22||6|
|Software Solutions/ I Gate||10||1|
|Dr. Reddy’s Labs||1||2||1|
|Railways & others||1||3||1|
|Banks (HSBC, SBI, Bank of America )||2||2||2||1|